helpful Info for Triathletes
Comprehensive Triathlon Program (Olympic, 70.3, and Ironman)
- Individual monthly training plan design (Olympic, 70.3, and Ironman)
- Individual strength training schedule and program run through
- Designated physiologist (senior physiologist)
- Aerobic fitness testing (VO2 and Lactate) – every 10-12 weeks or as required (bike and run)
- Speed, pace, and heart rate training zone development – Initial and continual
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support (senior physiologist)
- Facility access (Kanata location), including freeweight and treadmill area
- Nutritional counselling
- Individual race peaking and tapering development
- First month payment- $350.00 + HST
- Monthly payments- $175.00 + HST (month #2 forward)
*minimum 3-month program requirement
Fall - Technical Development & Conditioning
The technical phase of the program is important in establishing positional awareness. technique correction, and to reduce injury potential from improper swim mechanics. This phase is important in establishing the base upon which all training will be focused.
Being a triathlon specific program – the majority of drills will focus on your freestyle stroke, with other strokes added for variet and fun!
- Prime time weekly sessions: Monday, Wednesday (6:00 - 7:00 AM), Saturday (7:30-9:00 AM)
- Program runs September 5th through November 24th *exceptions: Thanksgiving Saturday/Monday
- Small group numbers to ensure proper technique & form
- Backed by sport science and years of working with all levels of triathletes
Location: Plant Pool (930 Somerset St W)
Keeping with the Peak Centre’s mission to eliminate the guesswork and educate athletes – we will be offering monthly sport science seminars specific to swimming/triathlon. Sport science based topics to include: training in energy systems, race/training fueling, the importance of strength training, and race strategy planning.
Looking for help with your cycling and running as well? Give us a shout and see how we can help!