PEAK Centre hockey training programs have been developed to ensure that players at all levels develop the skills and conditioning required to play hockey at its highest level.
Peak Centre Academy
Peak Centre has an elite School for Young Athletes with a focus on Hockey.
The Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadians, Toronto Maples Leafs, and New Jersey Devils are just a few of the teams with whom Peak has worked to maximize players’ performances. Our hockey training programs are for players at all levels and abilities and focus on strength, conditioning, skill, and nutritional strategies for building winning players and teams.
All on-ice hockey programs are designed and coordinated by Pat Malloy – current Skating and Skills coach for the NHL’s Buffalo Sabres
At the Peak Centre – we understand that it’s all about the process. Our instructors understand this very well as they have all put in years of hard work and effort in their own playing careers. We pride ourselves in having the most experienced staff around – and it starts from learning how to communicate & teach. Check out some of our core staff members for summer 2017 below; *more to come*
- Kanata, ON Native
- 4 years of Major Junior in the QMJHL (Gatineau Olympiques & Saint John Sea Dogs)
- Assisstant Captain or the Sea Dogs in 2013-14
- Currently going into his 3rd season with the Carleton Ravens of the CIS
- 6 years working with Peak
- Native of Ottawa & the CJHL (Hawksbury & Ott Jr. Sens)
- Played 3 years @ University of Ottawa
- 3 year minor pro career in Europe & North America
- Entering his 4th year as a middle school teacher
- Current teacher and lead on-ice instructor with the Peak Academy
- Ottawa native – played minor hockey for the Ottawa Sting
- 4 year OHL career for Guelph Storm & Oshawa Generals
- Captain of the 09-10 Oshawa Generals
- 4 Years of CIS experience for the Carleton Ravens
- Just finished 1st year of Pro Hockey in Budapest, Hungary
- Native of Ottawa – played minor hockey for the Ottawa Sting
- 4 years Jr. B with the Athens Aeros
- 10 years of training & instructor experience with Peak
“Having trained with Peak Centre for 10 years, I really learned how to train like a professional. Their knowledgeable staff and scientific approach to training helped me take my game to the next level.” Grant Clitsome NHL Defenceman Winnipeg Jets
“My work with Pat Malloy on the ice was awesome. I noticed a huge difference in my edge work out of turns and leg power allowing me to get to areas on the ice with quickness and confidence. Pat’s constant change in stimulus and dynamic approach to teaching me puck skills and skating is the best in the business!” Ryan Spooner – Boston Bruins
“Working with Pat Malloy at Peak Centre has been extremely helpful to me as a skater. I feel faster, smoother and more explosive on the ice. Truly a great learning experience with a great coach who knows what he is talking about. Thanks for all the help and see you next summer.!” Tyler Toffoli – Los Angeles Kings
PEAK Centre requires a doctor’s note of injury or illness in order to refund/credit any registrations
*Please note: in the event of low enrollment in summer on-ice programming – ice may be cancelled. Peak Centre will do everything possible to combine programs/camps where scheduling allows to keep the camp in tact. Instructor to athlete ratios will not be affected.*
GCGH Development Sessions
Peak Centre is excited about the opportunity to put on these GCGH exclusive skills sessions! The program will feature drills and conditioning designed by our on ice development team, and backed by years of science/experience working with athletes at all levels!
These sessions are segmented in 8 week blocks in order to ensure consistent progression for the players. Session begins October 3rd and runs through to November 28th (excluding October 31st)
All sessions will be held at the Ray Friel on Tuesday evenings: