Based on your sport performance assessment we can identify where your potential for maximum improvement lies.
Did You Know…
Peak Centre has worked with multiple NHL teams including: Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Los Angeles Kings, New Jersey Devils, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers and more.
What is a Performance Assessment?
Every athlete has different needs for optimizing their performance. Performance improvement can be related to fitness, strength, speed, balance, agility, etc. or a combination of these abilities.
Conducted in our state-of-the-art physiology lab at the Bell Sensplex, your performance assessment provides the measurable variables that will drive the foundation of your training regimen and how your improvement is evaluated.
What Does the Peak Centre Fitness Assessment Involve?
Our physiology lab at Peak allows us to conduct hundreds of different assessments in order to accurately measure your body’s specific response to exercise. We are able to customize the assessment depending upon the purpose. Just a few examples of customized assessments we conduct include:
- Elite athlete training: Are you an elite athlete looking for the edge on your competition? Our cutting edge sport science lab can assist you with your needs.
- High power sports training: Information that will help you recover quicker between bursts of efforts for high power sports such as: hockey, football, tennis, soccer etc.
- Budding young athletes: We have specifically tailored assessments for every sport, designed to help young athletes develop including movement screens and LTAD testing.
- Recreational athletes: Have you hit a plateau and wondering why your fitness or sporting performance is not improving? No matter your sport or activity, our lab assessments will help you determine what adjustments are required to get you over the hump.
Do I Need to Take the Performance Assessment?
Yes. Every Peak training program starts with an assessment. We have an extremely friendly and encouraging staff, highly trained with lots of experience to guide you through the assessment.
What Will I Learn About My Physiological Make-up?
Here are a few examples of information you will get out of your physical assessment:
1. How to burn the most body fat during the effort, using your own optimal fat burning zone.
2. How to train in your own optimal endurance zone allowing you to crank up your endurance for efforts lasting more than 2 hours.
3. Intensity allowing training at your maximum potential for extended efforts of 30 minutes to 2 hours.
4. Intensity allowing you to develop physiological aptitude with the objective to participate in competition at a high-level.
5. Assessment of your current state of general fitness.
Check out our sport specific programs: