Race day should not be left to chance; preparation is the only way to ensure success.
The PEAK Triathlon Swim Program has been designed to offer many unique characteristics which align with the testing, training and coaching philosophy that is already evident with the existing PEAK Centre sport specific programs. The swim program has been designed for both beginner and veteran triathletes.
- Suitable for beginners to elite (proper lane designation)
- 3 morning group training sessions per week (Mon, Wed, Saturday AM)
- 1.0 hr weekday and 1.5 hour weekend sessions
- Periodized training plan with seasonal focuses on technique, training and racing
- Sessions completed from Plant (930 Somerset St)
Fall - Technical Development & Conditioning
The technical phase of the program is important in establishing positional awareness. technique correction, and to reduce injury potential from improper swim mechanics. This phase is important in establishing the base upon which all training will be focused.
Being a triathlon specific program – the majority of drills will focus on your freestyle stroke, with other strokes added for variet and fun!
- Prime time weekly sessions: Monday, Wednesday (6:00 - 7:00 AM), Saturday (7:30-9:00 AM)
- Program runs September 5th through November 24th *exceptions: Thanksgiving Saturday/Monday
- Small group numbers to ensure proper technique & form
- Backed by sport science and years of working with all levels of triathletes
Location: Plant Pool (930 Somerset St W)
Keeping with the Peak Centre’s mission to eliminate the guesswork and educate athletes – we will be offering monthly sport science seminars specific to swimming/triathlon. Sport science based topics to include: training in energy systems, race/training fueling, the importance of strength training, and race strategy planning.
Looking for help with your cycling and running as well? Give us a shout and see how we can help!