Race day should not be left to chance; preparation is the only way to ensure success.
The PEAK Triathlon Swim Program has been designed to offer many unique characteristics which align with the testing, training and coaching philosophy that is already evident with the existing PEAK Centre sport specific programs. The swim program has been designed for both beginner and veteran triathletes.
- Suitable for beginners to elite (proper lane designation)
- 3 morning group training sessions per week (Mon, Wed, Saturday AM)
- 1.0 hr weekday and 1.5 hour weekend sessions
- Periodized training plan with seasonal focuses on technique, training and racing
- Sessions completed from Plant (930 Somerset St)
Winter - Conditioning & Continued Technical Development
The winter block is used to build race distance specific conditioning in order to prepare athletes for their upcoming race season. Distances and intensities will vary while maintaining a strong focus on technique to improve efficiency and reduce the risk of injury potential from improper swim mechanics.
Being a triathlon specific program – the majority of drills will focus on your freestyle stroke, with other strokes added for variet and fun!
- Prime time weekly session options available: Monday, Wednesday (6:00 - 7:00 AM), Saturday (7:30-9:00 AM)
- Program runs January 4nd, 2020 through to March 30th 2020 *Potential pool closure for Family Day*
- Small group numbers to ensure proper technique & form
- Backed by sport science and years of working with all levels of triathletes
Location: Plant Pool (930 Somerset St W)